Wednesday, November 3, 2021

The First Mod

The BMW G310R comes with a side "kick" stand without a center stand.  Probably this is so to provide more ground clearance.

Since I was not intending to go off road on rough trails, ground clearance was not an issue, so I wanted a center stand. Center stands keep the bike upright (less likely to fall over).  The other benefit is that servicing the front or rear tires/suspension is easy as the center stand serves as a "teeter-totter" so lifting stands are less necessary.

T-Rex Racing makes an excellent kit to add a center stand to the G310R.


I installed this well engineered kit. It works well as expected.

I also made a safety stand (using 4x4 columns attached to plywood base) to use when the bike is parked in my garage. The safety stand slides under the swing arms. A low friction polyethylene sheet is placed under the front tire so the bike does not rotate when moving steering.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I've fallen and can't get up!

Well, my pride denied the possibility of me dropping my bike, but it happened anyway. My bike fell over. Fortunately, the protection gear I ...